Tuesday, July 21, 2009

The Ocean

I’m not Morrie. No, not yet.

20 years of existence in this world taught me so many things. Some I can’t express while some are deemed unfathomable. Nevertheless, these experiences are those that are inevitably embedded in our psyche archive. These are voluminous anthology of experiences and stories that serve as your subconscious framework of existence and, in such a manner, forms our way of thinking and pattern of behavior. Everyday is a new experience. It can be a start of a whole new journey or the end of a previous adventure. Life is unpredictable.

Welcome to the ocean, sailor.

Life is like the ocean. It can be as tranquil as Eden or as harsh as apocalypse. It is unpredictable and deceiving; a peaceful wave can abruptly change to a chaotic tsunami. The ocean caters the deadliest creatures; some monstrous, some are pleasingly deceiving. The ocean is dark and deep; it is impossible to discover its covers.

But for all I know, the unpredictability adds to the excitement of voyage. The giant waves are best appreciated when conquered. The deadliest creatures are won when tamed. And the darkness and deepness of the ocean is the very reason for its beauty. It is the very reason for igniting my passion to discover; for reviving my instinctual curiosity, for activating my thirst for knowledge.

We have our own boat, ship: from a tiny boat to a large ship. Treat your ship as if it’s your own, oh, because you own it. We may not be the masters of everything, but we are the captains of ourselves.

I now have my own ship. I learned from the masters, from my parents, from my ancestors. I have seen their success and failures, their righteousness and mistakes.

I’m ready to sail. I will encounter storms, great waves and perils the ocean can give. Whether I live or perish along the way, I am at peace, I died sailing. I conquered.

No comments:

Post a Comment